- Soy sauce
- Garlic powder
- Onion salt
- Coarse ground pepper
- 1 cup Italian salad dressing
- 1 cup Lone Star Beer
- 5 pounds fajitas (skirt steak)
- Sprinkle meat generously with soy sauce. Cover on both sides with layer of garlic powder, onion salt and pepper. Knead spices into meat.
- Mix dressing and beer; cover meat and marinate in mixture 2 hours or more.
- Put over hot coals.
- Serve in fresh flour tortilla spread with thick layer of mashed avocados. Add hot sauce (Pico de Gallo - fine cut tomatoes, jalapeno peppers and onion).
I used to work there a couple years ago...
Chicken breasts are cooked on a grill with garlic butter and seasoning and over mesquite wood. The seasoning was not mixed in house and I never paid attention to the ingredients on the box. In an older thread someone said they used to be a kitchen manager and it is "lawry's seasoning salt". I can't confirm that but it looks identical to what we used. We very generously seasoned both sides of the chicken. The mesquite wood flavoring is likely going to be the hardest thing for you to replicate at home. If you want steak ones they were cooked on the same grill with the same seasoning but soy sauce not garlic butter. The cut is skirt steak. Shrimp is pan fried with garlic butter and cajun seasoning.
The vegetables are just cut up onion, green and red pepper cooked in vegetable oil on a flat top. You can get the same result in a pan at home. Rice is a basic Mexican rice recipe any one you find on google will be good and probably better (I always found the rice bland).
In previous threads people said some chains pour "sizzle sauce" or lime juice etc. before serving. We did not do that. You can buy like the exact same fajita pans on amazon if you really want the experience. Make sure you heat up the metal part real hot or it won't sizzle nicely.
|Lone Start Fajitas Recipe||https://recipegoldmine.com/swfajitas/lone-star-fajitas.html?fbclid=IwAR1MR2v3JEyKTNbnoDmfC51-YGnW27Y7BFxPTSPinZgtFpIA2sNmOsif5_o|
|Reddit - Lonestar Chicken Fajitas||https://www.reddit.com/r/ottawa/comments/isok7r/lonestar_chicken_fajitas/|