The objective of this modification was to allow the rear hatch to open without hitting the cargo carrier.
|B||Quick Grip Assembly|
|C||Snapfit Cradle w/Screw|
- determine where you need to have your grips in order for the carrier to clear the rear hatch.
- remove the quick grip assembly by un-screwing the smapfit cradle from the underside of the carrier.
- remove the rivet caps from the underside for the slide strip
- drill out the rivets from the slid strip and remove.
- using a jigsaw, extend the hole for the slid strip.
- place age slide strip in place and drill out the new holes using the slide strip as a guide.
- tape up the old holes to prevent moisture from entering the cargo carrier. Here, I used aluminum tape.
- tape the slider in place to facilitate riveting
- rivet the slide strip in place.
The cargo carrier now clears the rear hatch!