- Cut beef into cubes. Fry lightly in oil with onions and mushrooms.
- Once cooked, lightly cover in flour to absorb oil. (about 2 tsp) OPTIONAL
- In a bowl, mix beef oxo, 2 cups hot water, worcester sauce, ketchup, thyme and bay leaf.
- Pour contents over browned meat, cover and let simmer for 1 hour.
- If you don't want as much liquid, you can simmer uncovered.
- If you have steak that doesn't require tenderizing, you can simmer for 20min or so.
- Just before serving, add 1 container of sour cream and heat almost to boiling.
- Serve over rice
Notes From Last Time
- didn't use any flour
- Brought to boil and then simmered for 20 min un-covered.
- Used left over cutoffs from tenderloin roast
- Personal Favorite