Add following to freezer bag:
- 3 pounds boneless skinless chicken thighs fat trimmed
- 1 cup low-sodium soy sauce
- 1 cup brown sugar
- ¼ cup onion finely chopped (optional)
- 1 garlic clove minced
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil optional
- 1 can coconut milk
Other Ingredients for the day
- jasmine rice
- coconut milk
- green onion
- Thaw and let marinade (longer the better)
Grill chicken on a low heat so the marinade does not burn, about 5-7 minutes per side or until done. Cooking time will vary depending on the size of the thighs, so a meat thermometer comes in handy - safe internal temperature is 165 degrees F.
Serve over rice and garnish with green onions.
Personal Review 5/5
- Best with plain jasmine rice garnished with green onion
- A bit of Sriracha sauce on the side for some heat os good.
- Kids like it well enough