The BEST pizza dough recipe and it's made in the bread machine! So easy, so delicious, so versatile! You're going to want to make this at least once a week!
|Prep Time||1 hour 30 minutes|
|Total Time||1 hour 55 minutes|
- 2 cup flour I like to use bread flour but all purpose and even a combination of AP and wheat flour works
- 1 tbsp butter softened
- 1 tbsp sugar
- 1 tsp yeast
- 1 tsp salt
- ½ cup water 105-110 degrees
- 2 tbsp water additional
Doubled for 2 pizzas:
- 4 cups flour
- 2 tbsp butter softened
- 2 tbsp sugar
- 2 tsp yeast
- 2 tsp salt
- 1 1/3 cups water 105-110 degrees
Add all ingredients into your bread machine in the order recommended by the manufacturer. Make sure that the water is warm enough to proof the yeast (about 105-110 degrees).
Turn your bread machine to the dough setting and let 'er go! After a couple minutes check on your dough. Make sure that the ingredients are thoroughly combined and that the dough is not too wet or too dry. Depending on where you live and the flour you use there can be some variances in the dough. If it's too dry, add 1 tsp of water at a time. If the dough is too sticky, add 1 tsp of flour at a time.
The dough will raise nicely during the dough cycle. Isn't it pretty? It never ceases to amaze me what a little yeast can do :)
After the bread machine is done (mine takes about 90 minutes on the dough cycle) - dump the dough out onto a lightly floured surface and work it until you achieve your desired shape.
Depending on the size of pizza pan or pizza stone you are using, you may not need all of the dough.
I like to lightly grease my pizza pan and dust with cornmeal. Make up your pizza and bake at 400-425 degrees for 18-25 minutes. You are looking for bubbly cheese and lightly browned crust. If you like a crunchier crust, brush some olive oil on the crust before baking.
Ingredients (alternate - recipe)
- 2-2 ⅓ cups all-purpose flour OR bread flour¹ divided (250-295g)
- 1 packet instant yeast (2 ¼ teaspoon)
- 1 ½ teaspoons sugar
- ¾ teaspoon salt
- ⅛-¼ teaspoon garlic powder and/or dried basil leaves optional
- 2 Tablespoons olive oil + additional
- ¾ cup warm water³ (175ml)
- poke the dough with a fork in an attempt to reduce bubbles forming when backing.